Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Frankincense Spice

Stepping out into a slightly more expensive and adventurous oil, I have now created a blend with Frankincense!

It's interesting that working with essential oils is very much like cooking. As I learn the fragrance of each one ( I now have about 20 different oils!), I am getting intuitive as to which ones 'go' with another. In fact, when I am mixing them, I FEEL like I making a pot of fine soup or chili, except my seasonings are essential oils and, I 'm not going to eat them.

Frankincense is long associated with the gifts the Magi brought to Jesus in Bethlehem, and if you were raised in a Catholic church, you will likely be familiar with Frankincense incense! It is also one of  the four main ingredients in Jewish ceremonial incense and has been an important part of Sabbath Day offerings. It is mentioned in Song of Solomon and is also associated with love and devotion. Frankincense is very unique and has a very rich history!

Mountain Rose Herbs  ( a great company from whom I have ordered!) describes Frankincense as 'fresh, woody, spicy, balsamic with a citrus top note." I think that is a wonderful and precise description!

It's aroma is often used for meditative, anti-depressant and stress-relieving therapy. It is said to clear and calm the mind.

I have created a blend that uses Frankincense as the base, with spicy essential oils such as cinnamon, clove and a hint of orange.

I do not relent until I have accomplished creating a blend that I thoroughly enjoy. Frankincense Spice passed the test for me, so I hope it will for you too!

Theresa
Two Scents Essential Oil Mists


 "And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh. "
Matthew 2:11

UPDATE! I now make this blend with Frankincense, Myrrh, clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, a touch of sweet orange and a very subtle hint of vanilla! ( somewhere I veered off the two scents concept here...)  I have used the same blend in a burner and thoroughly enjoy it. Clear the mind and delight your senses in this potpourri of meditative aromas!




2 comments:

  1. Just received the Frankincense Spice.
    Absolutely wonderful! This is a must try. If you are familiar with Frankincense products you will appreciate the quality of this blend, if not, why not experience the best! Give this try you will be so amazed ! Terry Denton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you Terry! I am delighted that you are so happy with your purchase! I really get as much joy out of happy customers as I do making the product. What a fun business! :)

      Delete