Sunday, February 12, 2012

About That Lavender...

 
     French Lavender              
                                    
Did you know that not all lavender is the same? There are over twenty different species that come under the name Lavender.

Three of them are the most recognizable to us; English Lavender, French Lavender and Spanish Lavender.
English Lavender
English Lavender is the most fragrant and the one that most of us think of when we think of Lavender. It is highly used in fragrances.   


The interesting thing is that from an aromatherapy point of view, English Lavender is not the most therapeutic!( Or so it is said, but one sniff of any lavender proves that it's aroma alone is intoxicatingly therapeutic!)


What to do? We want the therapeutic value of Lavender (the calming, sedating, anti-depressive factor), but we love the amazing fragrance of English Lavender.
  
  For my next batch of lavender mists, I now have Lavender Essential oil on order from Mountain Rose Herbs which has the fragrance that we all love. I want your nose to be happy. I want your brain to say “YES!” when you inhale it’s sweet fragrance.

 In keeping with the aromatherapy ideal, my Lavender mists will contain both the therapeutic value of Lavender and the fragrant value of Lavender.


                                                                 French Lavender 


 I can't wait to try my own new Lavender mists! I will let you know when they are ready!

Theresa


Update: They are ready! My favorite Lavender blends are Lavender/Spearmint, Lavender/Sweet Orange and Lavender/Frankincense! Not all of my blends are listed so please let me know if there is a blend that you want that is not in the Check Out.

Thank you for reading my Two Scents!

Theresa

Further reading about Lavender -  Everything About Lavender






No comments:

Post a Comment