Thursday, February 16, 2012

OH.MY.CLEAR.FACE!

A whole new world has opened up to me and I am in experiment heaven. With all the information on how good essential oils are for your skin, I knew I had to try some face products. I did my research, bought my supplies and headed to the basement.

The following two experiments are just that. I am letting you know what I am doing, but neither of these products is for sale, yet. We are still in guinea pig stage, but I was so excited I wanted to write about it.

My first one is a Clear Skin Mist. I made it for an acne treatment for one of my kids who graciously is letting me try it on his skin. (If he promotes it, I will have to give him a commission!). It has Aloe Vera gel, jojoba, petit grain, bergamot and tea tree oil in it and can be sprayed or applied with a cotton ball.

Aloe Vera plant

I used aloe because I already know that I love it and that it is very useful for healing and rejuvenating skin. I keep an aloe plant in my house, for ready use on burns and wounds. It is cool and soothing, fresh and wonderful.

Jojoba oil really isn’t considered a true oil but what is called a wax ester. It  does not evaporate like other moisturizers and adapts to human skin very naturally. It doesn’t go rancid like regular oils. It is scentless and goes on the skin smoothly! 
Bergamot has some excellent antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties which makes it perfect for acne prone skin.

Tea Tree oil is oil from the Tea tree leaves. O_o (of course…) It is commonly used for acne, fungus and dandruff.

Lastly, Petit grain essential oil helps clear and tone skin prone to acne. It also has stress calming properties which is great because acne adds to stress!

So, I randomly mixed all these things together and POOF! it came out in a neatly packaged bottle ready to sell. OK…not quite. But, I DID thoughtfully blend it and it did land in a fine blue bottle with a Clear Skin Mist label on it.

Coming Next: OH. MY. FACE. II – Frankincense and Lavender Moisturizer. (This one goes on MY face!)

Thanks for learning about Essential Oils with me!

Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment