Wednesday, June 6, 2012

SOAP!

Lately I have been making soap and am so excited about the moisturizing qualities of glycerin coupled with fabulous scents and the many health benefits of essential oils. It's my goal and joy to find more ways to use scent in natural products as well as incorporate healthful essential oils into everyday life. Soap is a perfect vehicle!

I have so say, while I love being a purist, and prefer essential oils because of my own fragrance sensitivities,  I still like many fragrances that can only be found in a lab. That is why I carry Ivey's Garden line AND Two Scents. Ivey's garden is just as natural in all it's ingredients as Two Scents, with the exception that we use fragrance in hers and only Essential Oils in mine.

Fragrances like sweet grass, zucchini flower, strawberry, cranberry fig and cucumber can only be found in the fragrance line and I can say first hand they are super fragrances to put in natural products. 

Soap  is one of those products that fragrance just screams to be a part of. I carefully choose fragrances that are not too overwhelming, have natural origins and are a delight to my nose. If I buy a scent and don't like it, I don't use it. Of course the exception is special orders of YOUR favorite scent in which case I say nothing and let you enjoy it. :)

The following soaps all happen to be in Ivey's Garden Line with the exception of the Citrus/Calendula .They are all made of natural glycerin soap and just enough fragrance to make you say, "Wow!" I have one soap in the Two Scents line not pictured that is purely scented with essential oils of Rosemary and Wintergreen. It's a potent and fresh soap sure to wake you up in the morning! 

Here are pictures of soaps I have made! I'm waiting for a shipment of supplies to come in so you should see more soon. These make wonderful gifts and I have to say first hand, that it's a treat to have a lovely bar of healthy soap in the bathroom.

This is a very popular Gardener's Soap. It has three layers of soap including goats milk, Shea butter and clear.It is infused with ground loofah and walnut shells as exfoliates. The fragrance is sweet Zucchini Flower and Sweet Grass. Delightful!!!!

Citurs/Calendua. This is a two-layer soap with essential oils of grapefruit, lemon and orange. The second layer is infused with Calendula flower petals and scented with a calming essential oil of benzoin which has a mild vanilla-like scent to it. Hmmm!!!!

This is a three layer soap using white, goat's milk and clear. The fragrance is from essential oil of Clary Sage and Sweet Grass. It is fresh and clean smelling!


This is three layer soap with Shea butter, White and clear. It has ground flax seed as an exfoliate on the top, but is smooth on the bottom. It is fragranced with Mango and Sweet Lemon and it IS sweet!






My soaps are wrapped in protective plastic wrap, dark brown burlap, and tied with jute or raffia.


These bars are 4 ounces each are $4.00 a bar. They come wrapped in brown tissue paper tied with jute twine. A very nice gift for a friend or yourself!



Thanks for visiting my Two Scents!

Theresa

 Mal 3:2
 "...for He is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap..."



2 comments:

  1. LOVE your soaps. Use it all the time! And they're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just received a new shipment of soap base so more pretty soaps will be happening soon. So excited! :)

      Delete