Wednesday, January 25, 2012

It's Nice to Know...

I'm expecting a delivery of more bottles and scents today! Little by little I am adding to my essential oil collection, perfecting combinations, tweaking labels and packaging; all the while getting slightly high off of amazing smells and the knowledge that many of these scents are very therapeutic!

I KNOW they are because every time I walk into my basement where I work, I cannot help but breathe deeply and think, 'boy it smells good down here!' and then I walk away feeling HAPPY.


How did I decide which essential oils to work with? First of all, I simply picked all of my known favorite smells. I know I love, cinnamon, star anise, clove,  sweet orange, lemon and mint, so all of those landed on my work table first. I also concentrated on the ones that I knew to give energy and a burst of well-being. For me that was important, because having experienced low grade depression most of my life and having had to deal with brain fog the last several years because of migraines, I am ALWAYS on the look out for things that pump up my endorphins and counteract bad mood...not to mention relieve pain. While it is true that I have upped a few natural supplements the last two months, I have to say that since I have been working with essential oils I have had very few migraines! Many of them are recommended for migraineurs!

Aroma Therapy for headaches

Good smells DO boost your endorphins and essential oils DO have healing properties in them.

Aromatherapy for Depression

Secondly I focused on the essential oils known to relax and calm, like lavender, bergamot and lemongrass.

Aromatherapy for Stress Relief

Then, just to be fun, I like to mix some calming essential oils with a touch of energizing essential oils, such as Lavender and Spearmint! Calm and feeling bright...can't beat it!

I can't say that I started making room scents with mood in mind, but now that I am educating myself on each of  the essential oils, learning about the many healing and mood properties each one has and benefiting from them myself, I am delighted that something I enjoy is also very healthy and healing!

 In a world where each of us meets challenges far beyond ourselves, it's nice to know that God planned ahead and gave us good scents to soothe and heal us on the journey!

Theresa's Two Scents :)

No comments:

Post a Comment