Sunday, February 26, 2012

Body Scrubs, Kitchen Scrubs and Foot Scrubs

8 ounce Lemon Sweet Orange ( $10.00 )

I have a jar in my kitchen with a concoction of olive oil, canola oil, salt, sugar, essential oils, freshly squeezed lemon juice, some random herbs ( ginkgo, raspberry leaf, green tea, orange peel and cinnamon) and a touch of almond extract. I keep it near my sink. At first I just made it because I wanted to try it and then I began finding myself using it several times a week to get smells off my hands...like garlic, or bleach, or gasoline. ( My son wants to know why I had gasoline on my hands...) Secondly, it does a marvelous job of smoothing dry, rough skin on my hands leaving them silky smooth.

 It has become one of those much used 'tools' in my kitchen. I  even just like looking at the crystallized salt and sugar sparkling in a herb infused pool of oil next to my sink.


This is my jar in my kitchen.


Periodically I have made my own bath scrubs and every time I do, I wonder why I don't make them more often. They are very beneficial for scrubbing away dead skin cells and dirt, stimulating lymph and blood circulation and generating new skin cell growth.

Putting various essential oils into scrubs can dictate whether they are a pick-me-up, help-me-de-stress or just get-the-stink-off-me event. The essential oils stay in the oil which then enables the body to absorb their therapeutic value.
Then, my dear friend Karen writes me the other day telling me how she loves to use body scrubs but doesn't have time to make her own, would I make some for her and she would pay me.

"Yes, Karen, you CAN pay me to do something I really like to do that you could use!" I replied, stifling little kid excitement. :) Karen happens to also be one of my greatest supporters in my Two Scents endeavor. Her excitement is contagious. Thank you, Karen!

I did my research of all the possible recipes (besides mine) using salts, sugars, the best oils, herbs, coffee
(messy), scents, essential oils, and bourbon...yes, bourbon, that could be used to make a good scrub. ( I'm going to make the bourbon one for my friend Mark VV someday. We will never get him out of the shower.)

Then I spent what seemed like forever on line trying to find reasonably priced containers (there aren't any) that I could put said scrub in. OK...so eventually I did find the right jars...nothing is free. :)

I love glass, but after nearly killing myself during my last body scrubbing event in the shower, I thought that plastic made more sense for the bath. ( Note: body scrub oil and tub enamel make for highly slippery and hazardous conditions! Put a wash cloth down in the tub to step on!)
8 ounce Body Scrub. Does that look luscious or what?
After making my own bath body scrub with Dead sea salt, cane sugar, salt, lemon, oils, essential oils of Clary sage and lavender, I really am hooked on using it a few times a week. I love they way it makes my skin feel really clean and the oils are hands down the BEST for moisturizing and leaving a healthy sheen on my skin but not making me feel greasy.. At 40-something-pushing-5o years old I am all for clean, smooth, moisturized skin that has a healthy glow!

All of my body scrubs are made to order, so they come to you fresh! ( The beauty of a small business.) Please specify which Two Scents you would like in your scrub!

Please Note : My scrubs do not have or need a preservative ( I do add vitamin E ) , but that is with the understanding that no water will ever be introduced to the container. Use a spoon and scoop out amount needed into another container or into your hand to keep the original scrub fresh and clean!


Lemon Geranium Rose Facial Scrub 4 oz.




6 ounce Lemon/Almond Kitchen Hand Scrub - made with oils cane sugar, herbs, essential oils and vitamin E. You can use this as a body scrub, but I made it especially to have on hand in the kitchen.

Thanks for visiting my Two Scents!

Theresa

"Beauty is only skin deep, but it's a valuable asset if you're poor or haven't any sense. "











No comments:

Post a Comment