Tuesday, February 21, 2012

OH. MY. CLEAR. FACE! (part two)

Aloe Vera, jojoba oil, almond oil, frankincense and lavender...on my face...what can be better?

Well the truth is that many things are good for your face, but most of them will not be found in a normal store.

As I said in my previous post, I am currently experimenting with various products. I am the guinea pig ( and so is my son...and my daughter...and my husband...) If and when I KNOW that a product is  good enough for us and we want to use it, then I will be happy to make it available for others. 

For now, I am just letting you in on some of the journey. :)

I read some place the other day that if you can't eat it, you shouldn't be putting it on your body. Our skin is the largest organ we have and it readily absorbs nutrients, oils...and toxins if given the chance. So doesn't it just make sense to put GOOD things on our skin that both nourish it and our whole inner body? I think so.

So  I made a mist for my face with the above ingredients. This mist is used along with my current face lotion ( until I find a recipe to make my own!) All the ingredients are wonderful and make my face feel fresh and wholesome. I know that adding a misting of this mixture daily is making a difference. For some reason what I am noticing is that I have better color in my skin. )

I came across these two descriptions of Frankincense and Lavender as used on our skin from  Dermaxine Bio-cellular Skin Care Products:

"Frankincense is used in modern cosmetics to rejuvenate the skin and has excellent cytophylactic properties (encourages the growth of skin cells) while being a good all-over skin tonic. It is also effective in healing sores, carbuncles and wounds, while reducing ugly scaring and reducing skin inflammation."

"Lavender has a host of benefits when used in skin care products, but has great value in helping the skin heal itself, stimulating cell growth, reducing inflammation, preventing scarring and balancing the production of oil while at the same time cutting down on localized pain - all perfect when fighting acne and problem skin."

I already knew that Lavender and Frankincense make a fine blend and I have to tell you that along with the other ingredients, misting  with this mist just makes me feel good knowing HOW GOOD it is for my skin and that it has no chemicals or preservatives in it. I love the fragrance and I love how it feels.


It's only been a week, so stay tuned for future comments on my on-going use!

UPDATE:  I am still using this great combination! I have found that not only is a good face moisturizer,which I use on a daily basis, but I I like to use it on my body after a shower.  
Currently the essential oils in my body/face oil are Lemon and Rose Geranium.


I still really like Lavender and Frankincense for my skin and have made a skin toner that I use along with this moisturizer. The skin toner is made with aloe vera, jojoba and essential oils just like the the moisturizing mist, but it does not have the almond oil.

Can you beat that? All natural ingredients, just the way God made them are some of the very BEST products for skin care! I am SO very happy to be using products that I know do not have questionable chemicals in them! Let me know if you are interested, and I will be glad to make you up a skin toner or face/body oil!


Thanks for reading my Two Scents!


Theresa







No comments:

Post a Comment