Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Kitchen Scrub Cleaner

It all started yesterday when I looked at my blender base on my counter and realized that it had seen a few too many exploding smoothies lately. Then I looked at the refrigerator next to the blender and realized it was wearing coffee and strawberry debris - all from said smoothies.

On  a whim, I grabbed my kitchen scrub - which is meant for hands, put a little on the base and began scrubbing. 

OH SHINE!!! Not only did it clean it, the oils in the scrub made it look shiny NEW! Which took me on to the refrigerator. Same effect. Never mind the little pieces of herbs left behind. :)

So of course I thought, "I should make a kitchen cleaner!" I realize that cleaning with oil is a little unconventional - but I DO recommend it for some surfaces. I have used the kitchen hand scrub on counters and my work table downstairs. Same great results.

If you have already purchased a kitchen 'hand' scrub from me, now you have another way you can use it! 

I went and did my homework and came up with the following wonderful homemade scrub made with baking soda, water, clear and fragrance free dish soap, vinegar and essential oils of lavender, peppermint and tea tree - all of which have amazing cleaning and disinfecting qualities to them!


If I didn't know better, I would eat this. Not recommended.


The end result?

Fabulous! First of all, it totally passes the smell test seeing as I opened the jar about a dozen times JUST to smell it and then of course I had to go up to my family as many times to have THEM smell it.

Secondly, it CLEANS! 

Thirdly, it doesn't kill my hands with harsh chemicals like bleach. That is a HUGE plus for me.

I have used it on my counters, in the bathroom, on my sinks, on my stove top and on my walls. The baking soda is gentle enough to not scratch, but abrasive enough to clean. The rest of the ingredients equally do their notorious cleaning jobs.

I give this recipe a thumbs up. I think you will too!

I am currently pricing out the cost, so stay tuned. I will likely sell this in jars and offer a lesser refill price.

Update: I can make an 8 ounce jar for $6.00. A little bit goes a long way! The fragrance and joy of chemical free cleaning is SO worth it! :)









Thanks for reading my Two Scents!

Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment