Tuesday, March 27, 2012

First Two Scents Home Party

 

Not having my own shop poses a few problems when I want to get the word out there that I have products someone might be interested in.

The logical thing seemed to be to invite people to my home to sample my products ( how fun is that?!) and then be able to shop from there. So last week was the big event!


I was a bit nervous because I have never done anything like it before. I would rather teach Bible in front of a a bunch of people or on TV which I do on occasion. But making something at home and selling it, for some reason just seems a little more vulnerable. I can think of all kinds of nightmarish thoughts like: I forgot to put the scent in, I did something wrong and it smells terrible, everyone hates it but is too polite to tell me, some foreign object finds it's way into a bottle...


Thankfully, NONE of those things have happened, but then, a nightmare is usually only a bad dream. :) Which, theoretically, I should be able to find some essential oil to fix...

I spent the week stocking up on body, linen and room mists, body scrubs, kitchen scrubs, and aroma salts.

 I waited each day for just 'one more shipment' to come in. (This is the perfect job for me because I love the UPS man.)

On the day, about a dozen people showed up and suddenly it was the most natural thing for me to simply share what I have been making, what I love and use and what it's good for.

The pure joy of working with essential oils and making things for home and body that are GOOD and HEALING physically and emotionally  in a day when so many of us are stretched and stressed is so worth the work that gets put into my products. Even on MY bad days, my work station is my healing garden!

I know that I know that God gave us the earth and all that it is in it for our joy and our healing! So all that to say that I think the first home party was a success. If anything, hopefully everyone left with a happy, peaceful aroma 'high'. :)

Oh, and by the way, if you want to host a Two Scent Party in your home, message me! 

Thanks for reading my Two Scents!

Theresa







No comments:

Post a Comment